5.3 PTR Patch Notes - April 11
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
- Healing abilities and spells which automatically pick targets now follow consistent rules for targeting logic. Targets with lower % health will be preferred, and players are weighted more heavily than pets.
- Players with full health no longer count towards the cap for area-of-effect healing abilities and spells.
- The following summoned pets/totems will now chain cast their spells with no delay between casts, allowing them to cast their spells more frequently in the same amount of time.
- Death Knight: Gargoyle
- Druid: Force of Nature (Balance, Restoration), Mirror Image (Symbiosis)
- Mage: Mirror Image, Water Elemental
- Shaman: Searing Totem
- Warlock: Doomguard, Terrorguard, Wild Imp
- Sudden Doom now requires the Death Knight to be in Unholy Presence to activate the effect that causes Death Coil to cost no Runic Power.
- PvP 2-piece set bonus has been redesigned. Using Arcane Shot now causes the Hunter's PvP Power to increase by 800 for 6 seconds.
- Shuriken Toss now deals 100% more damage in the initial ranged attack, and energy cost has been increased to 40 energy, up from 20.
- New Glyph: Glyph of Lightning Shield causes Lightning Shield to reduce the amount of damage taken by 10% for 6 seconds after Lightning Shield is triggered.
- Demonic Gateway cast time has been reduced to 4 seconds, down from 5 seconds, and can now be attacked and killed by enemy players. Each gateway has 50% of the summoning Warlock's health, and 100% of their resilience.
- Creatures that are outdoors in the world and are Level-90 and above, now have a chance to drop Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.
- Rare spawns in Pandaria (except Zandalari Warscouts, and Zandalari Warbringers) and bosses in Battlefield: Barrens will now always drop Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.
- Bonus damage has been added to many basic abilities, at the cost of slightly reduced accuracy.
- Check out Pet Battle Accuracy Changes in Patch 5.3 for additional details.
- Black Claw now deals 20% less damage.
- Hunting Party now has an increased cooldown of 4 rounds, up from 3 rounds.
- Teldrassil Sproutling, Withers, and Ruby Sapling’s Shell Shield has been replaced with a new ability: Ironbark.
Battle Pet Quests
- All Pet Battle daily quests on Pandaria, Beasts of Fable and Spirit Tamer quests will now award experience, valor, and Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.
- All Pet Battle quests will now award experience.
- Battle Fatigue now reduces the amount of healing and absorbs by 45%, up from 30%.
- PvP Power bonus to healing is now based on class and specialization.
- Healing specializations receive a 100% bonus to healing from PvP Power.
- Damage specializations for Druids, Monks, Paladins, and Shamans receive a 70% bonus to healing from PvP Power.
- All other specializations and classes (including tanking) receive a 40% bonus to healing from PvP Power.
- Two new purchasable items using Elder Charms of Good Fortune have been added to the quartermasters on the Isle of Thunder.
- An Empty Supply Crate that can be placed and jumped on in the Troves of the Thunder King.
- Excess Elder Charms of Good Fortune can be used to purchase an Arcane Trove/ Sunreaver Bounty.
Source: 5.3 Patch Notes